Wednesday 1 June 2022

Finally on board

 After 2 days of travel with an overnight stop in London, Becky and I finally boarded our ship today. The S S Beatrice is very nice and they provided some lovely snacks for us in the lounge when we got on board (I wonder if I'll end up putting on weight on this trip??). 


The ship is only 2/3rds occupied and around half the guests seem to be members of a single group of Americans.  Not quite sure what they are celebrating.   We have met  3 nice couples so far and had a very nice 4 course dinner.   After dinner we went on a night cruise through Budapest to see the city all lit up. 

Tomorrow we're going on the "panoramic city tour"  which includes a visit to the 2nd largest synagogue in the world.

2 comments:

  1. That's a very 'clean' night picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think we ever went in the synagogue but we did go up the hill at night to the Fisherman's Bastion. I thought you'd been to Budapest before?

    ReplyDelete