Friday 9 August 2019

7th August - Dinner at the Banff Springs


The Banff Springs hotel is the poshest hotel in the area.  I wanted to stay there 1 night at least, but back in March when we were trying to book a hotel in Banff I discovered 2 things:  First, rooms at the Banff Springs started at 900 dollars a night - and second, that they were already fully booked up for August!

With staying there not being an option, Denise and I decided to go for the next best thing - which was to have dinner there in one of their many restaurants.  We chose the 1888 Chop House, where I had a wonderful piece of elk loin and Denise had Bison.   Yum!





I'm afraid blog installments may be delayed for the next couple of days, as we are getting on the train tomorrow - and there is no wifi.

3 comments:

  1. Wow the rooms are expensive!

    Hope the train journey goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you are getting enough to eat and drink. I was worried!

    ReplyDelete