Wednesday 15 February 2017

On the other side

After what seemed like a loooooooong flight, we arrived in Buenos Aires this morning. We were met at the airport by Cintia, the Silversea rep, and driven to our hotel, the Park Tower. It's a posh hotel with a capital P. 


It boasts both an indoor and outdoor pool, and a restaurant (the St Regis) that ranks in the top 5 in the city according to Trip Advisor.  We will not be eating there today though, as we have special plans for tonight.
Denise and I were pretty exhausted after the journey, and treated ourselves to a brief nap, then it was time to go out and look for an ATM. I had been unable to acquire any pesos before coming, so we walked across the road to the Banco Patagonia and I was able to use my bank card to withdraw some pesos. It was pretty expensive though - It cost nearly 100 pesos to withdraw the money, and then warned me that this didn't include any charges from my own bank. 
With cash in our pockets we are now ready to go out and hit the town.

No comments:

Post a Comment