Monday 19 November 2018

13th November - Goodbye Scenic Spirit, Hello Siem Reap

This morning we had to have our cases outside the cabin by 7am, and were disembarking at 8.  A coach was waiting to take us to Siem Reap. 

The trip to Siem Reap took 5 hours.  I had no idea it was going to be so long.  We were following one of the main roads in the country - "Highway" 6, but even so there was a lot of stopping and starting and since I suffer from motion sickness I really wasn't doing well when we pulled into the Cafe Indochine in Siem Reap for lunch, so I didn't eat much.  After lunch it was on to the hotel: the Park Hyatt Siem Reap.  The hotel is beautiful and has 2 pools.  Denise and I relaxed in the outdoor salt water pool for the afternoon.



The evening excursion was to the Phare Circus - Cambodia's answer to Cirque Du Soleil.  However, Denise was not feeling up to it - and after my 5 hours of motion sickness in the morning I wasn't really up to it either.  So we opted to skip the excursion and had a room service meal and an early night.

No comments:

Post a Comment