Sunday 20 November 2016

Snow

20th November, and it's here - our first snowfall of the winter.  I was hoping it wouldn't stick as it is not actually freezing today, and it was more sleet than snow when I got up.  But as the day wore on more and more of it came down and it started piling up. I can only keep my fingers crossed that it will be warmer tomorrow and it will all melt.

Still this weather makes me a little more in the mood for shopping for my Antarctica trip.  The cruise company have given me a huge packing list encouraging me to bring all sorts of things from thermal long johns to nordic walking poles.  I'm not sure how cold it actually gets in the Antarctic peninsula in what is summer down there.  Somehow I'm thinking their summer might not be as cold as an Ottawa winter, in which case buying all this thermal underwear is probably overkill.  Still, better safe than sorry.


No comments:

Post a Comment